Tuesday 29 May 2012

2

The Super BFF Skirt


the girls
Yes, that's Jamie at the centre back. Not sure what's going on there but he needs to work on his photo-bombing.

It is a beautiful thing to behold the pure friendship and deep attachment small people form with their friends.  These girls have been the best of pals for several years now.  When not sharing their mutual enthusiasm for all things 'girly', they can often be found walking hand and hand bickering over who loves the other one more.

the girls 2

Almost exactly one year older and almost a full head taller, Maia is very protective of her wee pal.  Her nursery teacher told me this morning that Maia voluntary abstained from a game of musical bumps yesterday in an act of solidarity after Elsie was eliminated. If that's not love I don't know what love is.

summer forest skirt detail

It was her birthday over the weekend so I needed to rustle up a gift. Some interesting facts about the birthday girl: She speaks in a South African accent despite living in Edinburgh with two Scottish parents. And she has worn trousers exactly once in the past two years. If it isn't a skirt or a dress, she's not interested.   To be honest, I'm not sure if this skirt will pass muster either as it is distinctly shorter than Amish length. 

summer forest skirt full

In less than two months, Maia will be starting school and the dynamics of their friendship will invariably change.

the girls 3

Hands up if you think they'll still be BFFs.

2 comments:

  1. Precious! I miss that age. Take lots of pictures - my 15-yr-old doesn't remember his BFF because he moved away when they were still little. Plus he's a boy. I love the frog dress, too, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I'm crossing my fingers that the fabric is acceptable, having been down this road a lot lately. I love the story of their little friendship. SO much innocence and love at that edge.

    ReplyDelete